Sunday, February 22, 2009

Because the Public Demanded...

Certain fathers who shall remain anonymous won't stop pestering me for a complete pictorial guide to my new apartment. So, in an effort to appease the rabble, I present: My Apartment.



The outside of my apartment, before it was finished. Now it has plants in the little plant area underneath that window, and the area that's all dirt out front is concrete. I call it grapefruit chic.




A before shot of my refrigerator and me, courtesy of Connie, before my refrigerator was turned on and made to work for its place in my swank apartment.




The sala set built by students at my school. Exceptional craftsmanship, as Cassie and Sean noted today, truly beautiful work. Donated by the woodworking department.






My kitchen space with donated furniture. The area where my stove and propane live is particularly pleasing on the eye and makes a lot more space available for preparation. My landpeople's carpenter made it in a matter of days. Also, note the pan with handle as showcased on my stove.


Let's head upstairs.






My still unorganized spare room. The bedframe is there, wa'y mattress, but I'm working on it. Anticipating much welcome guest traffic in that room.








My spacious bedroom, complete with king sized bed and exceptionally pleasing mattress.






My pride, my most used space, the office. My bookshelf, another creation whipped up by the carpenter in mere days, gives me a lot of satisfaction. This is an open area that leads, as you can see, to the balcony.


And that's my apartment. I ordered some fine art prints, laminated as fine art is meant to be in its natural state, and when I get them I plan on enspiffening the office, my bedroom and the living room with them. I also want Filipino art, but am finding it difficult to find.

In technical news, I'm dissatisfied with the performance of this camera. It's a point and shoot Nikon CoolpixL18 with 8 megapixels. I had previously been very happy with its predecessor, also Nikon Coolpix but with 5 megapixels bought in 2005, but this one has less depth, poorer color perception and seems fundamentally incapable of focusing. When I get an electricity converter and can charge it, I will start using my digital SLR, provided I'm not somewhere like a beach where it will get destroyed. Lesson: like a 5th wife, newer, thinner and flashier does not equal better.

5 comments:

Chelle said...

I.
am.
jealous.

We have the same kind of stove.

I swipe posters that I see hanging up at the bus stops and such. Along with photos, those decorate the walls of my cement block.
I have Jason Mraz, a Pixar Festival Poster w/ Buzz Lightyear, DMC of Run DMC @ Hard Rock Cafe, Ne-yo, LCD Soundsystem, and a map of Seoul.

Connie Hoover said...

i still want to see a picture of the cute mormon missionary that also comes with the new apartment

Unknown said...

i am also jealous! and i have your same camera and I dont really like it either!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, thanks. Love that porch, but it lacks a hammock. Your mother loves the color. I think the proper word for most of the furniture is "lent," not donated. The sala set is apparently the exception. I think perhaps we should consider shipping that back when you make your triumphant return.

Unknown said...

I agree with Dad on that. Dibs on the bench, or a chair. They're gorgeous! And you have king sized bed-- luxury!!!